June 30, 2016
Come join Portland's own North St. Bags as our newest production stitcher. We are a tight-nit team producing high quality bicycle bags in small batches. This is not a creative or designed based position, but rather a machine operator position. You will play an integral roll in the production, quality assurance, and shipment of bag orders for retail, corporate and wholesale customers.
This position is for 30-40 hours per week, depending on the workload and season. Our peak season is Summer (July -- September) and it slows down in the winter (January -- March). Hours may vary based on sales demand.
Of the course of this opportunity, you will take on the following responsibilities.
- prep sewing procedures such as installing velcro, zippers, hardware, labels etc.
- building sub-assemblies and parts such as straps, pockets, liners, etc.
- assembly sewing of bag projects from start to finish
- quality assurance
- repairs, rework and custom jobs
- tracking your progress as part of the production flow, and contributing ideas and changes to improve production efficiency.
- performing routine maintenance & cleaning on machines, tools, and workspaces
- management and/or team leadership roles may be available for the right candidate as our team grows
2+ years sewing experience in a production environment
able to trouble-shoot sewing machines & fix basic problems
comfortable with repetitive production tasks a must!
self starter, well-organized and dependable
able to work individually or as part of a small team
able to lift large bolts of fabric (50 lbs) and sit or stand for long periods of time
proficient in the English language, able to communicate problems and ideas effectively
familiar with lean manufacturing or the Toyota production system
experience with sample making in a production environment
experience with pattern drafting & creating tech packs
If you think you have what it takes to dive into our fast paced production shop, please respond with a resume showing past work experience, and a few sentences about why you're applying. Please no phone calls unless we contact you.
For more information about our products, vision, and company please visit our website -- www.northstbags.com, or check out our video featuring Curtis Williams, our founder & designer - http://vimeo.com/72909226
Equal Opportunity Employer - Please note that this is not an all-inclusive job description of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Compensation $11 to $13 DOE